Tips Do & Don’t When Visiting Bromo
Here we are again Trippers!
After we shared to you about do and don’t when visit Ijen Crater, now we will share to you the do and don’t when you visit Bromo Mountain.
- First suggestion that we will give to you Trippers is, better you choose weekday for your trip to Bromo Mountain. We know it might be difficult to arrange, but as you know in weekend there will be a lot of people in Bromo and sometimes it make you can’t enjoy the wonderful of Mt. Bromo.
- Another option if you already choose visit Bromo on weekend, and in Penanjakan 1 is full of people, you can try Kingkong Hill to see the sunrise. Kingkong Hill might be lower than Penanjakan 1, but in Kingkong Hill you can get the best Mt. Bromo area view.
- Bring some snacks/bread for Bromo as there are not much option for food. In Bromo, there only small canteen (we called it “warung”) considering the distance from the town to Bromo area quite far.
- Don’t forget your warm jacket and extra socks, bring warm hat and glove also if you can’t handle with cold. Usually the degree can reach 5-10°C
- If you want get some special event when you visit Bromo, just arrange your holiday when Kasada Ceremony held. It will be held on 14-16 months Kasada or when the full moon appears in the sky. Usually in our calendar is in month June – July. You’ll get extra bonus with joining the ceremony, see how the tradition still maintained, how all of Tengger People from four different village gather around.
- After all finished you can stop by at strawberry field and you can enjoy pick up the fresh sweet strawberry Trippers!
- After you arrive in Bromo area there will be a lot of Jeep sales that offering you to rent their Jeep. FYI, sometimes they suddenly stop your car and kind of push you to use their Jeep, especially if you looked confuse and answer still doesn’t have any jeep. Please don’t use that face Trippers. Act like you just asking their jeep, and don’t instantly say yes for the price, that might be harm for you. Do several offering with the jeep sales. Make sure you offering maximal IDR 800.000
- Don’t you try to out from track while in whispering sand, you might be lost.
- Kindly please obey the rules in Mt.Bromo and do not have bad intension because Tengger people still believe in karma. According story from local people in Bromo, there was a group of tourist that deliberately throw rock to the crater. Then suddenly several rock came up from the inside of the crater, hit the tourist and resulting in death. Local people believed that at that time the tourist had bad intension, so that’s why the God punished them directly.
- Because in Penanjakan 1 have limited seat, many tourist just stand up in front of the hedge and cover up the sunrise view. That will be suck for other tourist who already come early and get a seat then the other tourist just cover up them. So we please to you as tourist, don’t do that thing.
- After you see the sunrise, than you’ll visit the crater. To arrive at that top of the crater, we need to climb up the stairs. There are two stairs, the left one for you to climb and the right one to you go down. Some of tourists break this rule with cross the right stairs and use it as way to the top of the crater while trap in queuing. It was very disturbing the other tourist that want to go down. So, don’t you ever do the same thing Trippers!
- When you finished see the crater, you’ll go down to the jeep parking area through the sea of sand. One thing that you should concern is do not run because it make the dust fly everywhere and as you know Trippers, it make hard breathing. Let only the horses do that thing.
- We all know how functional the selfie stick when we’re in holiday. But for your information when you in Penanjakan 1, please use your selfie stick wisely. You know Trippers, there will be a lot tourist that want to get best sunrise picture and your selfie stick might be failed it.
- And this for all of tourist, please please please do not litter. Always remember this quote Trippers! Please respect our nature by taking nothing but pictures, leave nothing but memories.
Okay Trippers! You’re already know the tips when you visiting Mt. Bromo. We hope you can use this tips and enjoy your trip to Mt. Bromo!
P.s : Choose us as your holiday partner!