Total Solar Eclipse 2016
Nature phenomena of Total Solar Eclipse that will traverse in Indonesia yesterday, will not only be greeted enthusiastically by foreign tourist. Indonesian people also participated in welcoming this natural event with some rituals. Here are some rituals that will hold on Wednesday, March 9th, 2016:
- Mentawai Traditional Dance, this dance is about calling the spirit of summoning that will be performed by a shaman. This event will be focused on Macaronis Resort on the southwest coast of the village of Silabu.
- Dolo-Dolo, traditional rituals will be held in the eastern part of Indonesia. This tradition has always shown during a solar eclipse or moon eclipse. The purpose of this ritual is for protection that will end with the clappers blow simultaneously.
- ‘Battu Rattema’ Festival, this welcome tradition of Total Solar Eclipse will be combines with several shades, namely religious, education, and culture.
And during solar eclipse, did you see the witness of these 4 phenomena:
- Baily’s Beads, rounded lights looking like beads on the edge of the moon if you are looking from the earth (not for astronauts or aliens :)). You will see this just a moment before and after the full phase of total solar eclipse for around 15 seconds until 10 minutes. The cause of this phenomena? Because of the non-flat surface of the moon.
- Diamond’s Ring, the sunlight performing a beautiful diamond ring just in a short time while seeing the Baily’s Beads. On full phase of total solar eclipse, there will be one beads left and together with the sun’s corona creating a diamond ring look alike.
- Red phosphorescence, when the diamond ring gone, a moment before the diamond ring gone, the sun’s chromosphere will shows red phosphorescence.
- Sun’s corona, next phenomena when the moon has completely covering the sun, you will see the rest of the lights of the sun’s corona.
These are all the phenomena that you will see during solar eclipse and for those of you who couldn’t saw yesterday, wait for the next Total Solar Eclipse in 2023!
Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.